Monday 17 September 2012

Interconnectedness - The Global Consciousness

When I look into someones eyes and see that person looking back at me, that is everyday event. At times I choose to go deeper. I look beyond what lies at the surface of his or her eyes. I try to see the soul looking back at me, and if I find it, I 'll see there is more depth in that person than just a physical body. I know that all people have a soul just as I do and that their soul and my soul are connected. Whenever I see my own soul looking back, I realize that I have reached a deeper level because I see that we are all of one substance and one soul. It is not possible to not feel compassion then, for in treating another humanely, am I not treating myself the same way? By loving another, am I not loving myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment